Friday, August 15, 2008

TPE B

My questions for the author after reading this article would be: How do you take notes on informal assessments (anecdotal notes) in class, while teaching a lesson, and how are these notes recorded later on? What can you do when one student in your class appears to already know much of the content in your lesson or unit?


Although this has nothing to do with the main focus of the article, the author’s description of herself as “playing school” during her first year as a teacher touched upon my anxieties—I’ve wanted to be a teacher since I was a little kid, and “playing school” was one of my favorite things to do. Will I simply be going through the motions and living my childhood dream instead of actually being an effective and fully engaged teacher? Is it possible that the joy I take from buying school supplies and performing in front of an audience of kids are not the best reasons to be doing this job? Those aren’t the only reasons, of course… but it’s part of it. I know this all sounds silly, and I know I can be a really great teacher, but I’m being brutally honest about my feelings.

No comments: