Thursday, July 15, 2010

115 Reflection Questions

1) After completing this seminar, how do you see your use of technology in the classroom?
I am pleased with the ways that I incorporate technology into my instruction, but I want to broaden my use of technology. I usually use the internet to find resources, videos, and songs for science and social studies lessons, but I want to find out more about how I can use these same resources for literacy-based lessons. I realize that my students are way more in tune with technology than I realized and I can help guide them towards using the technology they already have and enjoy using in an academic setting. I also want to use technology towards my own planning and development endeavors.

2) What resources are you going to explore next to continue your own learning and growth in this area?
I want to look into more webinars that will help me develop my own teaching. I want to find ways to share resources with teachers that I’ve created, whether through TFAnet, ROC, or some other website that allows file sharing.

3) What did you think of the Ning site? What were the strengths and drawbacks to the site? Did you find using Ning blogs an easier way of communicating with people than regular blogs?
I used Blogger and not Ning, but I did like posting my entries so that they could be more accessible to my fellow students and coach. The site is also really easy to use and doesn’t overcomplicate the process of posting a simple blog. I like Blogger because I don’t have to create an elaborate profile in order to post my own work.

4) What were the strengths and drawbacks of an online seminar? What could enhance the quality of online instruction, in your opinion?
I liked the online seminar because the materials and instructions were always clear and accessible via the CourseSites website (which has finally become easier to navigate). The main drawback was that some of the links and materials didn’t work or were incredibly complicated (like the initial online safety course). I wish I knew about a way for students of the course to post on CourseSites when links were faulty or difficult to use.

No comments: