Module 2: Internet Resources
1) What are the advantages to watching a webinar as opposed to reading an article?
One advantage of watching a webinar is the ability to see an expert and connect their face and voice to the advice being given. For me, this gives legitimacy to what’s being said and the techniques I’m learning about. I think webinars featuring video keep me engaged and make it easier for me to watch while taking notes in a separate place. Watching video allows me to digest the material more easily. One clear advantage of webinars is the video medium’s ability to show clips of actual teaching strategies or resources being used. Although I did not see this in the webinar I chose, I think this is a great way for teachers to more quickly learn the strategies they’re studying.
2) How can you see this tool being used to support your own development as a teacher?
I see myself using webinars to gather new ideas in areas I feel that I’m stuck on (e.g. English language development, student reading engagement, etc). If I think that I’ve seen all that there is to offer from a particular colleague or type of resource, I can move to webinars for a fresh perspective on the topic. I also can see using webinars to provide more detailed information or examples to colleagues. I might provide a webinar link to a mentor or mentee for an aspect of teaching we’re working on, or even show a quick clip during a staff meeting.
3) What are some other topics on which you would like to see webinars?
I would like to see webinars on making and using different types of assessments and their data to get more information on students’ mastery of learning goals.
Websites I use:
BrainPop (reading comprehension graphic organizers)
Scholastic BookWizard (leveling books)
Defenders.org (great information for kids researching animals)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment